Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kyson's first really big Ouchy!

Today just wasn't our day! It started out fine with us waking up at 8 this morning and then it just went south from there. Val asked me to make some Switzerland treats for Whitnie for her presentation that she was giving on that country. So off we were to go get things to make this Apple treat that the Swiss call Apfelkuchlein (deep fried apple cookie). Well as we were at Basha's Kyson was in the back of the shopping cart (yes I do know they are not suppose to be back there and probably for these reasons) and we had stopped because I was thinking about something then the next thing I know was I was watching Kyson flipping head of heals out of the basket. I watched in horror as he hit his forehead on the bottom of the cart and then his chin on the floor and the rest of his head on the floor. I was running what seemed to me to be slow motion I couldn't get to him fast enough as I scooped him up into my arms he was crying so hard and I was asking anyone for tissues due to the fact that blood was streaming down his face and into his eyes. My heart sank big time and I thought to myself "What kind of parent am I to let this happen to him". As I was running out the door with a lady running with me carrying my purse as I was holding Kyson. I jumped into the truck with Kyson on my lap thanking the lady whole heartily for the help as I drove across the street to the walk in clinic. When I got there they we're not open just yet so I ran next door to Aunt Pam crying and asking for her to help me as I was just as scared as Kyson but not in the pain he was. Well lucky for me Dr. Hardy had just pulled in and Aunt Pam ran and told him what happened. Dr. Hardy took such great care of Kyson making sure his battle wound was clean and then he numbed it with a shot which by the way I couldn't watch because I was stilling crying and holding Kyson down and stitched up his gash in his head. Now Kyson has 4 stitches and he's not even 2 yet. I'm just so lucky that's all he had after that fall! I have now learned my lesson and am no longer allowing Kyson to stand in the back of a shopping cart. He will be buckled in till he's at least 4 or 5 then he'll be walking next to the cart after that!


My poor baby man! It was pretty deep too.
After getting the stitches!He's such a tough little guy! Will post another picture of actual stitches in a few days. We cant remove the bandaid till tomorrow so we'll get one after that.

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh poor little dude... my heart sank when you sent me those pictures. I cried for you because I don't know how I would have reacted in that situation.

I don't know if that part of being a mom gets easier - I know I am just starting out but I don't know how a mom can deal with her baby getting hurt.